Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Churches

Two words sum up the church we attended today: parking garage. McLean Bible Church is huge! We didn't know anybody in this enormous church. The worship was a little too showy for our tastes but the message was really good and it seemed theologically sound as far as we could tell. We will probably look elsewhere next week, but McLean Bible is conveniently close to our apartment so we haven't ruled it out completely.

Long story short... we miss Grace Chapel :(

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

"Showy music" is exactly what I called Berean when I started going there with Nate. It drove me crazy. But the longer I was there, the more I realized that in a church that massive, there are a gazillion talented people. Singers, musicians, technical people, stage people, background people, etc. With a big church, there are so many opportunities for people to serve- and it may appear showy- but they're doing what they love. And they're good at it. So....give it some time and see if you find the same thing I did. Now I love it and I see through the colors and lights and I get to worship in an amazing way with some very talented people every week. Blessings from NE!

ra2reed said...

I know how you feel Levi...I miss Grace Chapel too. After finding an amazing church like that, with a nice size, great music, awesome pastors, and fun people...it is hard to begin the church search elsewhere and find one that measures up. I will definitely keep you and Courtney in my prayers in these regards!