Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Review: "Heart of Darkness"

I wanted to throw out a recommendation while I can--Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." Heather (one of my housemates and long-time friend from high school) bought a book for me for my birthday--which i already had, haha. So i exchanged it for "Heart of Darkness." I love classics and this was one I heard was good but had never before taken the opportunity to read. I've now only read the first 80 pages or so--but I love it. Conrad is an amazing writer, eloquent and profound. What amazes me still is that English was not his first language. Anyway, if you get the chance, take it. Perhaps I'll review it a bit more once I've finished the book. Stay posted :).

1 comment:

Tanner Reed said...

I felt bad that your last two blogs didn't have any comments...so I'm commenting ;) Levi, you need to get out here sometime and tour the Wine Country with me. There's over 300 vineyards and I need a driver! Take care man, I'll talk to you soon.