Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Catching Up

It's been an eventful two weeks! I finished out the winter quarter with a slam-bang, comprehensive final on St. Patrick's Day and then proceeded to go out with others from my program (and including Courtney) to Wrigley Ville to celebrate. Let's just say it was more of a college experience than what I actually experienced in college. It was fun but exhausting. Anyway, next day, Courtney and I returned to the city for dinner and a show at the Steppenwolfe--a well known live theatre company and venue in north Chicago. We had a blast! That was Tuesday. Thursday, we left to return to Nebraska. Courtney had flown in on a one-way ticket so we could drive back. We spent Easter weekend with family, first with her's, then mine, and then her with her's again. It was much needed, quality time.

Then, I had planned to return to Chicago to focus on my thesis last Tuesday, two days after Easter. I discovered that I could still get work done in Lincoln and ended up delaying my return until Sunday, go figure. It was great to have the extended time with Courtney and a few other friends, and still get work done! I did drive back on Sunday in time to do laundry and get ready for my first day of classes on for my last quarter on Monday, yesterday. Today, I've already missed my train, haha. I set my alarm for 5:30 PM and not AM; and since I haven't had to get up at that ungodly hour for some time, I didn't wake up till 7:00. Dangit. But, i was probably going to drop the class anyway, so it's ok. Today and tomorrow will be largely comprised of visiting courses and trying to nail down which classes I want/need to take since I'll only be taking two and working on my thesis to have in completed by May 9th if I can! Pray for diligence!

No comments: