Monday, February 16, 2009

Banker's Hours

Today I am grateful to be a banker. For today, President's Day, is a holiday that has escaped the recognition of the public school system and yet remains a day of respite from the hazards and exhaustion of occupation (of the working kind) for me. Though I wish I could say I took advantage of this free Monday to soak in every ounce of justified laziness and lethargy, I cannot. However, I have managed to knock off a few items from my running and seemingly endless to-do list as well as a few more pages of "Moby Dick" which has been the bane of my existence for too many months to count--all of which are perhaps a bit more gratifying.

1 comment:

Josh and Erin said...

If you really wanted to feel respite...a Federal job is the way to go. Military, specifically. We got Friday and Monday off! :)