Friday, April 3, 2009

Old Stompin' Grounds

Tonight I head back to Chicago for the Midwest Political Science Association Conference at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel near Millennium Park. It will be a brief trip as I plan on returning tomorrow evening. However, this trip will mark a first in my political science career as I will be presenting a portion of a paper I have been working on with a UNL professor and one of his former students in Virginia for the past several months. It's exciting and a bit unnerving to think I will be presenting a political science paper to professors and grad students from all over the country who will probably know much more about anything I have to say than I do. Not to mention my general fear about public speaking. Still it will be a good and growing experience I have no doubt. For those of you not dozing off already... the paper is about developing reconciliation in post-genocide Rwanda. Fascinating stuff if you ask me--the kind of thing I hope to develop into a career at some point. Here goes nothin!

2 comments:

Mark & Katie said...

Good luck, Levi! Nice to know you're still alive. :) How's married life? Looking forward to hearing how your presentation goes!

Unknown said...

woot woot! hope you realize how proud we all are of you!