Friday, November 2, 2007

Successful Firsts... err Seconds

Having developed an emotional, and subsequently expensive, attachment to my hair stylist/barber (can a woman be a barber?, is anyone called a barber anymore?) in Lincoln, I have avoided pursuing other means of a haircut since having moved to Chicago. And, there's no foreseeable change to that in sight understanding that I'll be able to go home periodically. Still, it's approaching 8 weeks since my last haircut and that presents problems. While my daily presentability is no longer contingent upon the inspection of an employer and a strict dress code, I'm in graduate school, not prison (though the feeling has to be remarkably similar from time to time). So, in my stubborn insistence to maintain the Lincoln 'stylist's' status as my own, I today ventured upon a personal endeavor to deal with the hair-on-ears problem--I took a trimmer to my own head. This being my first attempt since an early, elementary school blunder that completely removed a portion of my own bangs, I felt a remarkable sense of accomplishment at removing said problem without having to resort to a complete shaving of my head. Now, while the untrained observer may think the amount of hair actually removed in the process was at most negligible, I feel the problem was solved beautifully!

2 comments:

Aaron D said...

Hahaha - Nice. I'm in the same boat... though I'm ashamed to admit that it's been close to 3 months since my last haircut. Any luck with cutting the hair-that-gets-into-my-eyes-when-I-least-want-it-to hair? Yah - kitchen shears aren't getting the job done anymore.

Tanner Reed said...

I call them "stylists." Or "eye-brow waxers."